USA Hal 5

Jumat, 27 November 2009

HALAMAN

1 I 2 I 3 I 4 I 5 I 6 I 7 I 8 I 9 I


USA Pictures
Capitol Reef, Utah


Trek America run a wide range of good value, small group tours in west USA. e.g. Discounts | Best of the West | Wild West
Canyon Adventure | National Parks Walks | Western Highlights


Click on top or bottom images to see Canyonlands Pictures



Part of the reef-like rock that gives this National Park its name.

Capitol Reef is a massive National Park crossed by a long, narrow but 1,000ft high [330m] layered wall of red, gold and white rock - known as the Waterpocket Fold - that gave the park its last name. One of the park's domes, shaped not unlike the US Capitol building - if you were boss-eyed and drunk as a skunk - contributed the Capitol bit.


Green rock makes an unexpected entry into the viewfinder.

Capitol Reef has a pleasant $5 paved drive [25mile round trip] to the Capitol Gorge if time is lacking to fully explore the place. With stops for pictures and a short walk this could be a couple of relaxed hours.
There is a very pleasant camp site at the entry to the park.

Solid proof that ET does exist and the Fremont petroglyphs are right on the button.

Apparently Capitol Reef's glistening gold-tipped rocks gave early prospectors an excitable few moments.

The Egyptian Temple.

And that's the end of the Capitol Gorge paved track and start of the dirt road.

END OF CAPITOL REEF Pictures.

SW USA Parks Pictures | SW USA Map | USA Tours

Photos � Loader


HALAMAN

1 I 2 I 3 I 4 I 5 I 6 I 7 I 8 I 9 I

0 komentar: